Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Revolution

Yes, revolution. It's not a typo.

Definition: 

rev·o·lu·tionA forcible overthrow of a government or social order for a new system.


Not a resolution, which is supposed to be a commitment to betterment but really ends up being a lame "I wish I was better" with no plan to do so. 

A revolution is exactly what my household (and my life) need.

Every night when I reevaluate my day, I have this feeling I didn't make the best use of my time. I feel stressed and gross and disorganized and generally blah. I've been this way for years. My disorganization is my not-so-secret little secret. Every year I vow things will be different (make a "wish" really, because I have no plan) and every year I fall on my face.

The worst part: Since I've always failed, I have started to think that it's impossible to get my act together. Failure is my new norm.

But now it's different. I've got this great husband and this incredibly cool kid. In short, I'm no longer the center of my own universe. 

General Goal: To make the best of each day, especially my time.
Motivation:
...and the cute guy hiding behind her.

2 comments:

  1. Your motivation is very similar to my own. Must be a genetic thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be successful with your plan, you have to plan and implement it. Just that simple. Just like starting a new business.

    ReplyDelete