Thursday, June 24, 2010

trying to cheer up a poor, neglected blog

Here's a brief update on what's been going on:

-It's freaking hot outside. With a heat index up to 110 and a serious budget talk with the hubby, this summer has driven me to a quaint little air conditioned place that let's me take stuff for free as long as I return it - the library. I'm taking a microbiology class right now, and after a whole semester of perpetual studying, I'm not in the mood to read anything very intense. I picked a couple of the types books I loved as a kid. I'm right in the middle of the second Anne of Green Gables book, and I still have Evangeline and a wonderful light read by the very talented Emily Giffin waiting for me to read.

-Exercising. Hahaha - not me, Chris. I've briefly abandoned the gym along with the blog. Chris, however, is training for the big half Ironman next April. As practice, he just signed up for his first triathlon in September. I am SO incredibly proud of him :)

-Laziness. This I've had way too much of. My house has never looked worse and we've had frozen pizza one too many times so far this summer. I've let my brain atrophy so much that today I had to think long and hard about who the Vice President of the U.S. is because I COULDN'T REMEMBER.

-Work. I just got a brief (3 week) taste of being an English teacher this summer. Although I don't think I'm making any huge career idea changes, it definitely gave me a really strong appreciation and a "stepping into his shoes" kind of experience for what my husband does everyday in his classroom. Now that the teaching gig is over, I'm on the prowl for a job again. The aforementioned laziness needs to be curbed so that this can happen.

-Birdfeeder. Chris put one up as a treat for both me and the cat so we could watch the birds from the balcony. So far we have birdseed all over our balcony and the patio below us, birdseed germinating in all of our plants and bird poop on our balcony. Also, Gabby has been way too entertained. She attacks the blinds early in the morning, waking us up way before we need to get up. She also does this creepy chattering noise whenever she sees a bird. Chris looked up what it meant - apparently it's the noise cats make in the wild right before they snap the neck of their prey.

All of this has yielded a few summer resolutions:
-get a bigger fan
-go to the library often
-back to the gym for me!
-a little more cooking
-a strong brush up on who is currently in the Executive Branch ;)
-sending out several resumes a week
-letting my husband know how amazing I think he is for being a really awesome teacher and for training so hard for these races.
...and last but not least - taking down the birdfeeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment